New board of directors starting through
The new board of directors started its work in Helsinki, Finland on the 3rd of October. The board contains vast, international experience from sports, business and non-profit organizations. New board and its chairperson will officially be appointed by the shareholders meeting in the coming weeks.
Board members from left in the picture:
- Mika Merikanto: COO and co-founder of Muuvit - based in Zurich.
- Mika Sulin: Finnish Olympic Committee. Mika has held various positions in the sports industry, such at the Finnish and International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) Jokerit HC, Excel Sports and as General Manager at Nike EMEA
- Sari Baldauf: Chairman of the Board of Directors at Fortum Plc, member of the supervisory boards of both Daimler AG and Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Jyrki Kemppainen: Chairman of the Board. Communications Director of the Finnish Olympic Committee / VALO – the Finnish Sports Confederation.
- Juha Villanen: CEO and co-founder of Muuvit - based in Munich.
- Jukka Rauhala: Vice-Chairman of the Finnish Olympic Committee and Partner at Verso Ventures. Jukka won the bronze medal in wrestling at Los Angeles summer Olympics 1984.
Muuvit thanks Mrs. Anu Harkki, the resigning chairman of the board for the great support during the first, exciting years of the operation. Mrs. Harkki continues her work as Executive Vice President at the MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
Kristin Pupp, Manager Communications
+49 172 529 5039, Kristin.email@example.com